24th November 2020
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The ASX200 is eyeing a rise of 0.6% at the open. If it does rise at the open, it is likely to set another 9-month high.
AstraZeneca and Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccines was deemed 70% effective. This 70% rose to 90% when patients received a half dose followed by a full dose of the vaccine. CSL began producing 30 million doses of the vaccine a few weeks ago.
President-elect Joe Biden earmarked former Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen as Treasury secretary. When she led the Fed from 2014 to 2018, rates were low and the S&P500 gained 60%.
What to watch today:
- Keep an eye on Energy stocks today: UBS has Buy ratings on Origin Energy (ASX:ORG), Santos (ASX:STO), Woodside (ASX:WPL) and Worley Parsons (ASX:WOR).
- National Storage REIT (ASX:NSR) and TechnologyOne (ASX:TNE) report results today.
- Brickworks (ASX:BKW), Bravura Solutions (ASX:BVS), Mesoblast (ASX:MSB), Nanosonics (ASX:NAN) and Ramsay Health Care (ASX:RHC) hold their AGMs today.
- RBA Deputy Governor will speak on monetary policy, he is expected to unveil how much bond buying the bank has been doing.
Local trading ideas:
- Emergency services construction company, Johns Lyng Group (ASX:JLG) was upgraded as a Bell Potter Buy with an increased target of $3.60, implying 15% upside in a year.
- Buy now pay later new entrant, Laybuy Group Holdings (ASX:LBY), was reiterated as a Bell Potter Buy with a $3.00 price target, implying 120% upside in a year. Bell Potter says LBY is a stock to watch as it continues to fly under the radar, despite increasing its merchant value by over 160% in a year, reducing its bad debts and increasing its transaction margin from -0.6% to 1.7%.
- Whisper (ASX:WSP), Enero Group (ASX:EGG) and Harris Technology (ASX:HT8) are all showing bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.